JOBS & CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Closet Case Patterns is hiring! We are looking to add a new member to our small but mighty team in the Villeray neighborhood of Montreal. Working in our beautiful studio, our new Customer Service & Shipping Coordinator will work closely with creative director Heather and our studio manager Alexis to answer customer inquiries across numerous platforms, in addition to handling all of our product shipping.
- Answer all incoming customer service questions that arrive via email, Facebook and Twitter. These questions range in nature from technical support for digital patterns and online classes, to fit and construction questions about our patterns.
- Manage and moderate our new community Facebook group.
- Prepare, pack and ship all of our physical products to our customers, retailers and distributors.
- Assemble paper patterns and notions kits.
- Help tidy and organize studio as needed.
- May be asked to help with cutting fabric and sample making.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Polite, patient and friendly personality.
- Experience working in customer service is an asset although not required.
- Highly organized and detail oriented. Must enjoy working within a well organized and methodical workflow.
- Independent with good problem-solving skills, in addition to working well in a team.
- Although training will be provided, you should have experience sewing and assembling sewing patterns and feel confident answering questions about sewing.
- French language skills are an asset, although not mandatory.
- Deadline to apply: Sunday, September 16. Interviews will be held late September, and you should be able to commence work in early October.
- 2-3 days (10-15) hours a week. This is a part-time position, but hours may increase as the company grows.
- Compensation to be discussed. Hours are somewhat flexible, but ideally we need someone who can work Monday, Wednesday and/or Friday mornings to accommodate our US shipping schedule. There is a possibility to work from home for some customer service duties.
- Candidates are asked to submit a CV (no more than 2 pages) along with a cover letter letting us know why you are interested in working with us and any relevant skills or experience to email@example.com with “Job Application” in the subject line. Please include 2 employment references with a phone number on your CV, and let us know if we can contact them before the interview.
ABOUT CLOSET CASE PATTERNS
We make chic sewing patterns for modern makers. With a focus on education and community, we believe in sewing as an agent for transformation and empowerment, and seek to spread the power of sewing as far and wide as we can. Our small team does everything in-house in our studio in Montreal, from drafting and sample making to assembling patterns and exclusive fabric and notion kits. Our patterns are available in hundreds of stores around the world, and our work has been featured in every major craft magazine, including Threads, Love Sewing and Sew News.