Closet Case Patterns offers all of its patterns in instant gratification PDF format. Using our convenient digital files, you can print your pattern at home or your local copy shop (see below for copyshop printers).
Once you complete your purchase, you will be emailed a link to your file which you will be able to download 5 times for up to two years. Each Closet Case Pattern comes in 4 parts:
- Step by step instructions with clear diagrams to help you make a perfect garment. If you would like to save paper, you don’t have to print this out; simply refer to the instructions on your screen.
- The sewing pattern in letter or A4 format for use on any home printer.
- The sewing pattern in a large “copy shop” file, for use on metric or imperial paper.
- Copy Shop File Directions – will grant you permission to print our copyshop files.
PRINTING FILES AT A COPYSHOP
If you would like to save yourself time from taping and assembling our patterns at home, you can print our larger copyshop/A0 files at any copyshop with a large format printer. Any print shop who prepares prints for architects will be able to print our files; look under the local yellow pages for “blueprints”. Each one of our copyshop files includes a message making it permissible to print copies for individual use.
DIRECTIONS FOR PRINTING AT COPYSHOPS
- Our copyshop files are copyright protected and cannot be opened in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop – they MUST be printed from a PDF viewer such as Adobe Acrobat or Reader, or Mac Preview.
- Most of our files are in A0 format but can fit on a standard imperial 36″ x 48″ sheet.
- The copyshop must print at “no scaling” or 100% scaling to ensure the scale is correct.
If you would like to send your file away to be printed and shipped to you, here are a few online businesses who will do this for you:
- Pdfplotting.com – inexpensive with fast shipping. Our size sheets (will fit on 36″ x 48″) cost about $1.20 each. Minimum order is $7.50 and shipping is $7 within the US.
- Blueprints Printing – Sheets are $1.50 each, with a set-up fee of $7 when your order is under $35.
- Staples – available in person or online but may be more expensive than the first two options.
- Sew YYC – $5 a page, no minimums when mailed folded.
- Net Printer – A0 Sheets are £0.75, postage is £3.
- Printing & Plotting – A0 sheets are £0.70, minimum order is £5, postage is £5.
- Print Your Patterns – COmpany that exclusively prints sewing patterns, shipping is included. 1-2 pages = £6.50, 3 pages = £8.50, 4 pages = £9.50.
- Sysiden – (Denmark)
- Schnittherzchen – (Germany)
- Preiswertplotten.de – (Germany)
- Repro-plotservice.nl – (Netherlands)
- Allkopi – (Norway)
Australia / New Zealand
- OfficeWorks – A0 sheets are AUS $4.10 a page. Order online or pickup.
- Warehouse Stationery – A0 sheets are NZ$6.50 each. Order online or pickup.
PRINTING FILES AT HOME
If you are printing at home, it is very important that you print your pattern to the proper scale. Always print the first sheet with the scaling box first to ensure your printer settings are correct. As of February 2019, we have started layering our PDF patterns, which means for select patterns you can turn on only the sizes you need prior to printing. You will need to open your pattern file with Adobe Acrobat if you would like to use this feature.
- Mac users will be able to print our files from “Preview” – select 100% scaling
- PC users can use any PDF viewing software, although we recommend Adobe Acrobat or Reader. In your printer dialog settings, select “No scaling”.
ASSEMBLING YOUR PATTERN
To assemble your pattern, you will need scissors or an exacto knife and a glue stick or tape. Cut off the right and bottom edges of all the patterns sheet so they can be overlapped.
Follow the numbered guides to assemble your pattern in the correct order (the layout of these pages will be included in the Instructions file). Overlap your sheets and then glue or tape them together.
We recommend tracing your size in case you need a larger size later on, but you can also cut your pattern out and reprint later if necessary.
Enjoy sewing your Closet Case Pattern!