Exciting news! Jennifer from Workroom Social and I are offering our exclusive Cone Mills Denim kits once again for a limited time only in the same pre-sale format; we’ve had a lot of people asking us to make the kits available, so now is your chance to get your hands on one! Both of our previous kits sold out in less than 3 days, so don’t sleep on this sale if you’re interested in buying the best denim on the market.
Each kit comes with enough Cone S-Gene stretch denim to make two pairs of jeans. This is the absolute best denim I have ever worked with. It’s manufactured by Cone, a heritage American company who have been making denim since 1891 (you can read a little bit more about why their denim is so unique in this article I wrote for Seamwork). They are one of the last mills left in the country, and now produce some of the best denim in the world. Their S-Gene denim uses a patented process that creates stronger stretch denim with excellent recovery by blending cotton and polyester fibers with lycra. This is denim that lasts; it holds its shape, and won’t stretch out two sizes over the course of day. It’s pretty much the only denim I sew with anymore, and is the fabric of choice for many high-end designer jeans companies.
Here is what is included in the kits:
- 2.5 yards of 12 oz indigo S-gene denim (88% cotton, 10% polyester, 2% lycra). This denim is medium-heavy weight with a broken weave texture.
- 2.5 yards of 10 oz indigo S-gene denim. (72% cotton, 26% polyester, 2% lycra). This denim is lighter in weight, and slightly more off-black in colour.
- 8 x high quality metal rivets in copper
- 8 x high quality metal rivets in bronze
- 1 x jean button in copper
- 2 x jean button in antique bronze (we supply an extra one so you can practice installing them first)
- 3 Schmetz denim needles
- 1 x spool of Gutterman denim topstitching thread in your choice of gold or copper (328 yards)
- 1 x 7″ navy YKK denim zipper
- 1 x 9″ navy YKK denim zipper
- BONUS: The Ginger Jeans PDF pattern, delivered immediately via email (the pattern is included in the kit as a free gift; we cannot substitute other patterns if you already own a copy)
Once again this is a PRE-SALE! We are not currently carrying any stock. We will be ordering all of the required materials only after the sale ends on Sunday, November 1st, or when we sell out, whichever comes first. Your orders will be shipped within 6 weeks of sale end; you can expect to receive your denim kits in time for Christmas within North America, although international orders may take a little longer.
International & Canadian readers: We are shipping from the USA and are using priority international mail to send your denim to you. It is the most affordable option for such a big/heavy package, and prices at checkout come directly from USPS; there are no cheaper alternatives, unfortunately.
That’s it for today! Hope you guys enjoy this sale. Check out your Cone Mills denim here.