I can’t believe it’s almost Santa time! I have a child-like love for the holiday and while I believe the true spirit of Christmas is in family and togetherness and yada yada yada, presents are pretty awesome too. I’ve had a lot of fun searching the internet for some of the best gifts to give and receive this holiday, if you’re obsessed with making things. I’m looking at you.
SEWING WISH LIST
Most of these are from Etsy; buying vintage or handmade is a good way to sidestep the consumer-y trappings of the holiday.
GIFTS FOR KNITTERS
Sometimes the best gifts are experiential – why not treat yourself or someone you love with an in-person workshop?
- Bra-Making Workshop – Learn how to make a beautiful handmade bra with Maddie from Maddalynne in January.
- Francoise Workshop – Make the Tilly and the Button’s Francoise dress with Zoe from So, Zo.
- Susan Khalje workshops – Learn from the master: draping, couture or the classic French jacket.
- Camp Workroom Social – Get away for a long weekend in October and study one of 5 course options (partial to the jeans-making class, *cough*)
- Claire Schaeffer – study with the preeminent couture scholar in a Chanel jacket or couture tailoring class.
- Pants Drafting – Learn to draft a custom fit pair of pants with Kenneth King in January.
- Pants Making – spend a weekend with Lladybird Lauren making custom fit pants.
- Craftsy Classes – Can’t travel? Craftsy has loads of good ones like Plus Size Pattern Design & Fitting, The Couture Dress with Susan Khlaje, Fashion Draping, and Tailoring a Blazer.
- Closet Case Classes – Montrealers may be be interested in my leggings or Zinnia skirt class.
I’ll be back tomorrow with my gift picks for the best style and DIY books since I didn’t want to give your eyeballs a stroke.