Yesterday I shared some of my top gift picks for the sewing enthusiast in your life (or in your soul). The following are books I have read and loved, or am pining for and would love to find under the tree. Books never stop giving.
- Worn Stories by Emily Spivack: A collection of stories from various creatives, writers and artists about the most meaningful garments they own.
- Alabama Studio Sewing Patterns by Natalie Chanin: The latest volume from the Alabama Chanin studio – a collection of patterns and guidelines for customizing in the Chanin style.
- I Love Your Style by Amanda Brooks: A guide by one of my favourite fashion writers to help define your style identity.
- Fashionable Selby by Todd Selby: Peek inside the homes, studios and closets of designers, stylists and other stylish folks.
- Love at First Stitch by Tilly Walnes: My pick for best sewing book of the year.
- The Sartorialist – Closer by Scott Schuman: Street style at it’s finest.
- Advanced Style by Ari Seth Cohen: Style inspiration from living legends.
- Gertie Sews Vintage Casual by Gretchen Hirsch: I haven’t seen many reviews of this book but it’s fabulous! Great basics for vintage lovers.
- BurdaStyle Wardrobe Essentials: A good collection of classic Burda patterns with excellent instructions.
- The Dressmaker’s Handbook of Couture Sewing Techniques: Essential Step-by-Step Techniques for Professional Results: Step up your sewing game with couture techniques.
- Demystifying Bra Fitting and Construction by Norma Loehr: Everything you ever wanted to know about bra-making
- Allure by Diana Vreeland: One of my favourite go-to books for inspiration by Diana Vreeland, arbiter of all things beautiful.
- Tie-Dye: Dye It, Wear It, Share It by Shabd Simon-Alexander: Still one of my favourite DIY books; a beautifully photographed and modern guide to dying your own fabric.
And last but not least, a subscription to the new Colette venture Seamwork, would be a great last minute gift – no need to have anything shipped!